Goodbye and enjoy your winter vacation as I shall be awaiting your return next year.
I don’t think I’ve ever snagged a Q and A before but I couldn’t help it when I read this post by Karen from NothingButKnit.
Her knitting mojo (and mine) is on vacation and she thought this Q and A might help find it. Feel free to answer* regardless of your craft: knitting, crocheting, sewing, painting, photography, or whatever you enjoy…
- What technique were you surprised that you enjoyed?
- What technique do you want to love but don’t?
- What is your favorite item to make?
- You’re only allowed to knit with one yarn weight forever. What weight is it and why?
- What item that you made is your all time favorite?
- Colorwork. My first colorwork project was the Traveler’s Pocket by Nancy Bush. I LOVED doing colorwork so much that I designed my own pattern based on her design.
- Hmmm. I’m weird in that I’m not a fan of knitting with circular needles but I use them. In fact I’ll be trying the 2-at-a-time sock technique soon.
- Socks. And shawls are a close second.
- Fingering weight as it is so versatile. It can be held double or triple to make a different weight.
- My Dots and Stripes purse is my all time favorite. My first pair of socks is my second.
*Answer in the comments or link to your blog. Thanks!
It’s been busy around here lately. Cleaning and getting rid of stuff. Every year our development has a community yard sale and last weekend was it. Last year was the first time I participated in several years. Too much work for very little return.
Last year Mr. Aitch and I hauled all our leftover stuff/junk to the basement where it sat all winter.
My neighbor asked me if I wanted her to add my things to hers and she would take care of the setting up and selling. I told her to keep any money from my sales.
She insisted that I keep my money. I made a grand total of…
Not a great day for an outside yard sale. The weather consisted of clouds, sun, sprinkles, thunder, rain, and humidity. Lots of humidity.
Not a bad photo using my iPad! The colors did get more brilliant but the top one disappeared. Did you know the colors are inverted in the top double rainbow?
I went out to get the oil changed in my car the other day and when I got back, Mr. Aitch told me that he or rather the house was being attacked by a very persistent robin.
First, the robin would knock on the front door. Then go to the door to the deck and do the “shave-and-a-hair-cut two-bits” rapping. It was driving Mr. Aitch crazy!
I witnessed the knocking on the front door soon after I got home so I investigated the door.
The #@*% bird had done his business all over my hanging basket/door decor. I immediately took it down along with the hook that held it thinking that would keep the bird from attacking the door window.
Not a chance.
Then I sent an explanation that we were also enjoying a wine, cheese, ham and cracker lunch…
So far it’s working. And no bird droppings on the king of the jungle guarding our front door.