Mr. Aitch and I are finally back home from an extended vacation out west. Along the way, we stopped to visit friends and family. While stuck on the Interstate due to an accident, I began knitting a shawl based on the beginning of the Kindness shawl.
I didn’t want to deal with constantly looking at my work so I changed from stockinette stitch to plain garter stitch. For non-knitters that means I knit every row.
Mr. Aitch drove the entire trip (his choice) which meant that I could knit when not navigating or knitting the row with the eyelets and the row after.
I was cleaning up my knitting bag and had to come up with another plan for all my double-pointed needles (aka dpns). I’m not a Magic Loop convert yet so most of my socks and other knitted-in-the-round items are made using dpns.
I know I bought some of these but I also inherited some. In the beginning, the needles were safe and organized in the original cardboard packaging. Then the packaging fell apart.
The inherited needles were held together with rubber bands or tape (Gasp!). Rubber bands deteriorate rather quickly and leave gunk on the needles. And tape residue is sticky and rough.
I made some holders from small paper envelopes and wrote the sizes on the front. That worked for awhile but it wasn’t a fantastic solution.