The points were supposed to be where the bobbles are, not in between.
So I kept the wires in the top, dampened (soaked) the bottom edges, and reinserted the blocking wires through the stitches under the bobbles.
Now the bobbles pop out more.
The yarn is Hacho by Mirasol Yarn (DK weight) in a multi-green shade. I used 170 grams or about 470 yards. I started on January 25 and finished it on February 5, 2021. Not bad.
The pattern consists of stockinette sections with reverse stockinette ridges. The lace pattern was fairly easy to figure out. The rows with the bobble stitches were not difficult but I had to rest my hands after each of those rows.
This shawl will be perfect to throw over the shoulders of my green wool winter coat for more warmth on these cold, winter days.
Speaking of cold, winter days…we just got through the third winter storm so far this month. We are very grateful that we did not lose power or water. I hope you are safe, warm, and have enough to eat.
My friend, Leah, sent me an early birthday present. We don’t normally exchange gifts, however, I sent her a pair of socks for her birthday in July. She’s a crocheter, sewist, wife, mother, (just a few of her talents) and dabbles in other crafty things and surprises.
Way last October I mentioned that my SIL asked me to knit a cardigan/poncho/ruana for her.
My progress so far – 200+ rows each side for the front with a few stitches added at the back neckline knit in a ribbed pattern for 15-16 rows.
I’m on the back half which will be approximately 200 +/- rows and 171 stitches for each row.
Nothing fancy as that is what she requested though I think pom-poms at the corners would be a great addition to add weight and interest. My plan is to be finished with this by the end of the month…for mid-February at the latest.
The quilt is top is still unfinished but it’s down to the border pieces then the quilting…