THSS II Sailing socks update

I don’t think it has ever taken me four months to knit a pair of socks.  But there were extenuating circumstances such as Thanksgiving, making Christmas gifts, knitting this and sewing that.  (Plus some other things I haven’t mentioned.)

So the Sailing School socks are finished.

I’m not sure this was the right yarn as the design details are mostly hidden in the variations of blues and greens.  A more solid/tonal yarn would have been a better choice.

The toe ended up funky…a bit pointier than I like.Sailing School socks

Of the five pairs of socks in this series, these are my least favorite.  I’m way behind in my sock knitting and I have one more pair to make in this season: Dorsal socks.  More on my progress at a later date.

The Handmade Sock Society Season III is already out and Helen has changed it up a bit this season.  Instead of publishing a pattern every other month for 12 months, she is publishing a pattern every month for six months.  I’ve already got February and March patterns in my cue.  I just have to find some yarn in my stash…

On another topic: Mr. Aitch and I are doing fine.  We went to the market on Wednesday and got most of the things we needed except for hamburger.  We are very glad we disconnected our cable TV many years ago (perhaps ten??) and are not subjected to the current barrage of doom and gloom.  I hope you are able to turn off the TV for your health and sanity.

THSS II Sailing School

I’m finally back on track with Helen Stewart’s The Handmade Sock Society Season II from 2019.  I last posted about these socks in November.

I made some headway on them while traveling then life happened and I got sidetracked.  Does that happen to you, too?

Anyway, now that the Ruana and quilt are finished (along with some other projects I’ll post about later), I’ve picked up the fifth sock pattern and making great progress!

The yarn was from our trip last October called Gloomy Gus.  I love how the blues and greens flow into each other.

Sock one is finished (except for the kitchener stitch toe) and the ribbing for the second sock is done.  I’m hoping these will be in my sock drawer by the end of the week.

Are you working on any WIPs (works in progress)?

Ruana update

My sister-in-law finally received the ruana I was making for her.

No pics of her modeling it but here is the finished neckline area.

And the tag with all the essentials. most importantly the 65,644 stitches!

The finished size is 48 inches wide by 60 inches long.  I had a dream that it was so big that it dragged on the floor but in reality, it reaches mid-thigh.

I’ll see if she can send me a photo of her wearing it.

Now, back to some sock knitting!

Ruana

Way last October I mentioned that my SIL asked me to knit a cardigan/poncho/ruana for her.

My progress so far – 200+ rows each side for the front with a few stitches added at the back neckline knit in a ribbed pattern for 15-16 rows.

I’m on the back half which will be approximately 200 +/- rows and 171 stitches for each row.

Nothing fancy as that is what she requested though I think pom-poms at the corners would be a great addition to add weight and interest.  My plan is to be finished with this by the end of the month…for mid-February at the latest.

The quilt is top is still unfinished but it’s down to the border pieces then the quilting…