Recover ottoman – Yes! I can check this off the above list!!!
Repaint outside door from the garage
Repaint front door and trim
Ok – so I actually did one thing from the To-Do list. I finally finished recovering the ottoman that went with one of the chairs that I reupholstered last summer. The only reason that I didn’t do it last year was that it is just too cold in the basement during the winter months to do that kind of work. More on this project another day.
The face/washcloths were a gift along with some handmade soaps from West Virginia to my daughter-in-law that we met for the first time while on our vacation. I forgot to take pictures of the ones I gave to her but they were similar to these. Picot Swirl Cloth in the small size.
Repainting the outside doors were always in the back of my mind so when I saw that the paint was on sale for 40% off, I had to jump at that and buy some. More on this project another day, too.
So do you follow your To-Do List or do you find something else to do because you don’t want/need to do them?
Both chairs are finished. The colors aren’t that true and I can’t seem to get the right adjustments to make them more realistic. The yellowish-green is more of a chartreuse green and the blues have more depth.
Rita’s chair: Done! This is now my knitting chair as it sits in the corner.
And here it is in front of the window. iPad Aunt’s chair resides there now.
iPad Aunt’s chair: Done but not happy with the cushion. I didn’t wrap the new foam in Dacron before stuffing it into the cover. It looks too boxy and I need to fix that. Plus the seat cushion looks too big for the chair but it’s not that way in real life.
Both chairs side-by-side. You can see that they are very similar but different. Rita’s chair has a lower part on the bottom front, straight-arm stump, and is a smaller chair. iPad Aunt’s chair is straight across the bottom front, has a curved arm stump, and is a wider chair.
I tried very hard to get the patterns to match up on both chairs but it was very difficult. The pattern was 24 inch vertical repeat so I tried not to waste fabric.
I am in the process of redoing the ottoman that matches Rita’s chair but that is on hold for now. Too many irons in the fire.
My house is a disaster: Upholstery fabric spread out all over the living room floor, one ottoman (and surrounding area) piled high with knitting, dust bunnies growing each day, unfinished laundry taking over the laundry room, and the possibility of pantry moths.
Stay tuned for more….with pictures!!!
Well, I’m not showing the disastrous parts. Some things are just not meant to be seen.