We’ve had such dark and dreary weather here for the past week so I decided to rip out the last part of the Accidental Shawl to the dropped stitch. No point in waiting and forgetting the plan. I also began to join the other colors sooner to make them blend in better. The red is definitely a brighter shade than the original but I think it still works.
Instead of adding more eyelets (and doing the math so they would line up), I just increased stitches at regular intervals. Then the last seven rows before binding off in a picot edge, I added two rows of eyelets without increasing the stitch count. Meaning I would knit two together and do a yarn over (K2tog, YO).
The eyelets aren’t that noticeable since the yarn is variegated and I used a garter stitch throughout the shawl.
I’ll just weave in the ends and call it done!