Tri-color SSSK socks

Continuing on with Dorothy’s Slipped Stitch Spiral knit sock pattern, I bring you a tri-color pair.

Yarns used: Soles & More in the green/blue colorway, Trekking XXL color 803 (orange/purple/brown), and Reggio exclusive self-striping yarn in primary colors #705.

I managed to get three pairs of socks out of the Trekking yarn and I still have some left over.  I needed ball number two of two balls of the Soles & More to complete the second sock in this pair and have plenty leftover for another pair.  One ball of the Reggio was plenty for this pattern.  I still have another one.

I love this pattern.  (Can you tell?!)  It’s interesting to see how the colors play with each other and when each color or pattern changes. Plus I’m using up yarn that I bought years ago thinking I would like the colors/patterning but realizing that that wasn’t the case.

The Reggio was self-striping and the colors were not equally divided stripes so one sock has more red than the other.  I suppose I could have cut the yarn when I started the heel so the red would be more dominant on the foot but since the stripes and patterns weren’t going to match up anyway, I decided not to change it.  Weaving in another loose end was also a factor. 

I’ve got ANOTHER pair on my needles!  Using three colors: two self striping and one self-patterning.  You’ve seen two of the colorways but I’ve added a different third one for this next pair.

Knitting update

I haven’t done much knitting on the sleeveless top I was working on but I did make another pair of socks using Dorothy’s Slipped-Stitch-Spiral sock pattern.  This was the same XXL Trekking plus a different colorway of another bargain (97 cent) sock yarn.  It was self-striping as opposed to self-patterning.

 

I thought I was going to run out of the striped yarn so I used the Trekking for the second heel.  Turns out I probably had enough.

The pink and pale yellow make these pair much brighter than the previous pair.  I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not. They are just different.

I’m loving this pattern so much that I started a third pair using three different balls of yarn!  Stay tuned for those…

Update for April and May 2017

Well, let’s see.  We are in the process of a kitchen remodel.  It should have been finished weeks ago but as always, something got back ordered.

Like the counter top.

The old counter top was cobbled together so we could use our kitchen until the new one arrives.

So we have the before…

…during…

…and still during but making progress.

The island has been refaced and the range and microwave replaced. Next up: new counter tops, sink/faucet, crown molding and back splash. The entire remodel sparked a cleaning and decluttering frenzy in our house so some of my other projects took a back seat to cleaning, painting and general chaos.

I’m also recovering from a bout of pneumonia.