While visiting three of our grandchildren, we made simple coasters. The twins are in a sewing class and are doing a great job of learning how to sew.
My grandson isn’t old enough to use the sewing machine so I made his.
My fellow blogger, Salpal1, made some curtains and I commented on the travel theme. Mr. Aitch and I just got a new GPS and I thought a travel-themed fabric would be great to sew up a case for it. So Salpal sent me some of her leftover fabric.
…no West Virginia!
The inside…Then I decided to make another cover/case for the window attachment and cord and have it large enough so everything would fit inside for when we want to remove it all from the car and keep everything all together. I adapted the size of this pattern and made it a bit smaller. I didn’t have enough of the Route 66 Fabric so I pieced together some complementary fabric to make it large enough.
Um, one side.
Thank you, Salpal, for the fabric scraps. I love it and had fun making it.
I need some small project bags for travel knitting but didn’t find any suitable (knitting or yarn related) fabric in my stash.
Enter the wonderful interwebs shopping! In less than a week I had this cute fabric from Rushin’ Tailor (in Alaska) in my hands and am so excited to make something out of it!
Both chairs are finished. The colors aren’t that true and I can’t seem to get the right adjustments to make them more realistic. The yellowish-green is more of a chartreuse green and the blues have more depth.
iPad Aunt’s chair: Done but not happy with the cushion. I didn’t wrap the new foam in Dacron before stuffing it into the cover. It looks too boxy and I need to fix that. Plus the seat cushion looks too big for the chair but it’s not that way in real life.
Both chairs side-by-side. You can see that they are very similar but different. Rita’s chair has a lower part on the bottom front, straight-arm stump, and is a smaller chair. iPad Aunt’s chair is straight across the bottom front, has a curved arm stump, and is a wider chair.
I tried very hard to get the patterns to match up on both chairs but it was very difficult. The pattern was 24 inch vertical repeat so I tried not to waste fabric.
I am in the process of redoing the ottoman that matches Rita’s chair but that is on hold for now. Too many irons in the fire.