Something’s not right

I finished the grey cardi and something’s not right with the button band at the neckline.  Blocking will not correct that.

It’s too, I don’t know, angular.  Too out there.  Plus it sticks up too far from the top button marked with the yellow stitch marker.

The button band begins at one bottom edge, goes up to the neckline and continues around to the opposite side and back down to the bottom edge. A total of 304+ stitches!

I did a kfb (knit in the front and back) of the stitch before the turn at the neckline and after to keep the corner from puckering.  I don’t like how it looks so I will rip out the last few rows of the button band and try to make that turn less sharp and more rounded.  Or move the buttonholes.

Then I can block it and find some buttons for the win.