The ottoman

I finally finished the reupholstery projects I began last year.  I reupholstered two wingback chairs, one from my mother’s house and one from iPad aunt’s house.

My mother’s chair had a matching ottoman.

I didn’t like the way the top cushion was attached to the base as it was not secure and would wobble no matter how I many times I tried to straighten it.  

Plus it was too fiddly to try to recreate.

To give it the look of two cushions, I cut the side pieces a little bit longer than necessary and sewed a piece of cording about half way down.  Simple.

No progress pictures, just the final.