Edit: I had this ready to post on the 19th but forgot to click the “publish” button. My apologies.
I did not fall off the face of the Earth. I’m still here.
I’ve been decorating, cleaning, decluttering, partying, praying, gift-wrapping, knitting and sewing along with the usual working, eating, and sleeping stuff that happens whether I want it to or not.
My brother-in-law is coming to our house
today Thursday the 19th so that’s the cleaning, decluttering, and decorating part. He’s doing the narration for Mr. Aitch’s Cantata on Sunday evening.
Three and two-thirds slippers have been knitted.
Birthday gifts have been wrapped and hand delivered for the twin’s birthday party last Sunday.
Pillow cases, quilt backs, and a drawstring bag have been sewn. The drawstring bag was a last-minute gift idea, and I mean last-minute gift for their birthday. I filled it with four squeeze bottles, a package of neon food coloring and instructions for making “snow paint”: Fill bottle half way with water and add 4-6 drops of coloring to paint the snow.
I made pillow cases that match the quilts…that aren’t finished.
Crunch time list in no particular order:
- Finish the quilts. They are not even sandwiched together yet let alone ready to be quilted. Do you think I’d still have a job if I took my sewing machine to work on Monday?
- Sew pencil/marker cases for four grandchildren.
- Make snowman kits (carrot nose, eyes, buttons, felt hat). And make another drawstring bag for the kits.
- Sew a “taggie” ball for my newest grandbaby.
- Knit the last third of the second pair of slippers.
- Make a cheesecake for Saturday. Done
- Make cheesy potatoes for the party after the Cantata on Sunday. In the oven now.
- Make another cheesecake for Christmas Day.
- Wrap all the gifts that are en route.
- Wrap all the gifts that will (soon) be completed.
At least my Christmas cards are ready to be mailed. Mailed Thursday afternoon.