I finished the eyelet sweater last night except for the buttons. I still don’t know the best way to sew on buttons on a knitted item. I wove in all the ends and grafted the underarm seam of four stitches. I used the kitchener stitch but still have holes on either side. I try to weave/darn those holes but I’m not satisfied with the result. It’s going to have to work for now but I do need help with finishing seams.
The sweater is blocked and I will updated this post tonight with pictures.
My camera and computer are fighting. Sometimes I can upload pictures easily ans sometimes I can’t. Not sure what the problem is. I put the digital card from the camera into the card reader and I either get errors or it works without a hitch. I will try again tonight.
I adapted this sweater pattern so I didn’t have to sew seams. I like to sew fabric but not knitted items. I’m working on writing out the pattern so I can refer to it when I knit the second sweater…which I started last night.