The Handmade Sock Society II second sock pattern, Samphire, came out last month. I’ve been working on it though this is the first time I’ve posted about it.
My first mistake was when I decided to count the stitches on the needle. That’s when I discovered I had lost two stitches somewhere between the ribbing and row 54. The pattern stitches were fine somehow and I could always not decrease a couple of stitches after the heel turn to make up for the two missing ones.
Then I forgot to mark my row and knit it a second time.
Lace has a certain rhythm and knitting two identical rows just throws it all off. I tried to knit back a few rows to correct it but I kept losing more stitches with the knit-two-together, slip-slip-knit, and the yarn overs.
I ripped it all out back to the ribbing and decided to put in some lifelines after each 12-row lace pattern. The good news is that I did start with the correct amount of stitches and didn’t have to reknit the ribbing.
Wish me luck…