Remember my failed, successful, and failed attempts for a tablet/iPad cover? I have succeeded once again!
I decided to follow the KISS rule. Keep It Simple, Sweetie.
My inspiration came from something I found on Pinterest:
I love all grey colors and the stripe of bright called to me. I didn’t want to buy any more yarn for this project so I used what I had. My red didn’t pop as much as I wanted but I like it anyway. Plus it fits my iPad.
I started with the flap end on straight needles then switched to circular needles to knit the body in the round. Actually I wanted it in garter stitch since that was how my successful one was knit so I knit a row then purled a row. I don’t mind purling though I know some people HATE it! I dislike seaming more than I dislike purling. When I got to the bottom, I did a 3-needle bind off. No seams!!
Measurements before felting:
Measurements after felting:
The top flap was pulled and stretched to make it the size I wanted so it is basically the same length before as after. The cover really is square but the it was at a slight angle when I took the photo so it looks a bit lop-sided.
This could have been felted a bit longer as I can still see the knit rows. The finished cover is thick and dense. Maybe it’s the lighter color that shows the rows but I really don’t want to make another one of these (if you know what I mean) since I’ve already made this four times! Reknitting a failed project isn’t fun.
I haven’t lined this yet and I’m debating on whether or not to add a magnetic snap. The cover stays closed but I would feel better knowing nothing (like the iPad) would fall out if picked up with the open end down.
You did a good job. I like the finished project. You also explain every step so well..