Painting the living room is on my radar this weekend. Monday is a holiday so I plan to use it for some decluttering and redecorating. I bought a new chandelier for the freshly painted dining room and it’s waiting to be installed.
In order to paint I need to get the room emptied or at least the furniture away from the walls far enough to get the ladder in there to reach the ceiling. What did I do last night? Sat in front of the TV or computer. Did I at least have some knitting in my hands? No.
Instead of sitting doing SOMETHING, I sat doing nothing. I would have felt guilty knitting when I should have been decluttering. Make sense? No, not to me either. But that’s how I do things.
Can I change that about myself at my age? I don’t know.
I have such lofty plans to do ABC when I get home from work. Sometimes I do one of the things on my list but lately I don’t do anything I planned. This morning I actually woke up refreshed. Maybe tonight I’ll do something constructive.
My To-Do list for tonight:
- Dinner – I don’t have a choice. It has to happen.
- Clean up dinner mess – Can do.
- Clean computer armoire in living room.
- Clean, empty and move small desk in living room.
- Find a place for the three boxes of music to live that currently reside beside the piano. This has been something I’ve needed to do since we moved into this house. I don’t have the right piece of furniture for this but I don’t know what is the right piece.
- Relocate bagpipes that also reside next to the piano.
- Take art down in the living room and spackle nail holes.
- Run a clean swiffer over the walls to get rid of any dust before painting this weekend.
- Finish Ms Ida mittens.
- Work on soaker.
- Knit myself a pair of seamless slippers.
And I’ll probably have three hours to do this tonight. If I can do #1-4 and #9 tonight, I will be happy.
Tomorrow is another day…