Last weekend I found some upholstery samples I had from my Mom. One was a beautiful crewel floral pattern that I intended to make into a pillow but forgot about it for a few years. That is until I found it again.
It was simple construction.
The entire piece of fabric was used for the front. Cost = Free
The “wrong” side of another sample was the backing. The “right” side was blue. I’m a green person. Cost = Free
A zipper was inserted in one of the short sides. (I purchase zippers in bulk.) Cost = 33-cents
I also used a piece of a flat sheet left over from another project for the pillow liner holding the stuffing. (You can see some of the blue “right” side in the photo below.) Cost = Free
The stuffing was a freshly laundered old mattress pad folded and rolled to fit inside the liner. Cost = Free
My 33-cent pillow.
You are, of course, amazing. The queen of free (and the mountains)
I love it! I never would have thought of using a mattress pad for the stuffing!
I wouldn’t have thought of it either but we just got a new mattress an took our old one to the guest room to replace a full size bed so I had this full size mattress pad that was practically new. It works for now.
Sent from my iPad
Excellant ! You are a true GREEN (recycle ) person ! Love the finished project …very pretty !