So our Christmas tree is up but not decorated. I want to make some felt ornaments so the twins can help decorate the lower branches of the tree. I actually ventured out to a few stores Friday afternoon for some supplies. No Black Friday mobs in the afternoon.
- The white cutouts are some of my paper patterns that I’ll need to transfer to cardstock or thin plastic so I can reuse them. Not shown are assorted beads and embroidery floss.
- Starting new projects always gets my heart pumping and my creative juices flowing. I have a few projects I need to finish before I dive into these…listed in no particular order:
- 1. Musica mitts: one down, one to go. Deadline: December 22. I’m using fingering weight yarn and think sport weight would have been better for a larger mitt.
- 2. Three Spud & Chloe earflap hats: one finished, one waiting for strap, one waiting to get started. Deadline: December 10 for these two and December 22 for the third one.
- 3. Buttons for the above mentioned hats. Deadline December 9.
- 4. Seamless slippers for Dr. Professor: finished except for sewing on the rest of the sole. Deadline: last week.
- 5. Soakers: One halfway finished, one still in a ball. Deadline: December 10.
- 6. Ms Ida mittens: One thumb to go. Deadline: December 9 (though the recipient wanted them yesterday). This is an old progress picture.
I must confess that these are not for the meek. For some reason I could not get the thumbs right so abandoned the pattern and figured out another way to decrease and keep in the pattern. Sort of…. If I’m brave, I’ll post a picture.