In my previous post you saw the broken top of a hanging shoe holder. This is how I repaired it.
All the materials were found around the house. And by house, I mean the basement. Didn’t have to but anything for this fix.
We (and I mean me) saved pieces of the hardwood flooring we had installed in the last decade. Those pieces have come in handy over the years. Some pieces are damaged such as the tongue was split or the piece was too skinny or narrow on one end but were saved anyway. So I dug through the dwindling pile and found two pieces that were almost the correct length of the shoe holder.
One piece was about an inch too long so I cut it with a hack saw. We (and I mean me) need a circular saw and a chop saw but that’s beside the point. Gotta use what’s available, right? I sanded the rough edges. Didn’t want anyone to get cut or a splinter in their hands/fingers once it was in place. The finished side of the flooring is facing down.
I found some small pieces of pine also left over from another project for the cross-pieces and cut them to the width of the shoe holder.
Drilled holes through the cross-pieces to prevent the wood from splitting, down through the broken plastic and into the piece of flooring. The cross-pieces were close to the hanger part as that would get the most pull when hanging.
Since I only had ten screws, I just used one cross-piece on each side of the hanger. I might get more screws for more cross pieces for each end to make it more secure.
The finished repair. Not pretty but it works.
You are amazing as a fixer upper.
Wow…… Ms fix-it! Inspired!