So do you like my new theme? The new header is a closeup of the Dots and Stripes purse pattern. My eyes gravitate to the uneven stitch. I need to fix that.
Random post here today.
I seamed the sides of the Vine Vest.. The pattern says I should pick up 64 stitches. The first time (yes, I had to do this more than once) I picked up 50 stitches and did the ribbing. I don’t know how I was expected to find 64 stitches. Needless to say, it was too tight. I pulled out a few stitches on the side seam and picked up 56 stitches. This worked better. I don’t like armholes that are too tight (no one does) but I also don’t like then too loose. My undergarments need to stay under.
I was looking at the Lace Hem Topping I made last summer and the vine stitch I used on that top is the same stitch used on the Vine Vest. Both are similar in color thought the Lace Hem is a dusty purple and the Vine vest is a bluer purple. Side-by-side they look different.
The Fetching mitts are in a timeout. Both are finished and I don’t like how the end flares out. I may rip out the ends and do a 1×1 rib for the last row or rip them out completely and try another pattern. I totally messed up the cabling on the right one and didn’t catch it until I was finished. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced they will become something else.
Posts without pictures are boring and somethings I just skip them. I have pictures to show you but they are still on my camera. Sigh.