Do you remember a few weeks ago I made many loaves of quick breads to help heat up the house when we had several days of bitter cold temperatures?
We had a slight reprieve right after that. Only sight. The temps actually made it into double digits!
Well, last week I did made several more loaves of quick breads as we had several days of bitter cold temperatures again.
Only I didn’t keep all the breads for us.
I mailed a care package of goodies to my aunt.
Cinnamon Crunch Bread and Pumpkin Bread. All wrapped up and gift-worthy.
Did you also know that February has six, count ’em, SIX ***Special Days***?
- February 2 – Ground Hog Day. He saw his shadow. Six more weeks of winter. It was also Super Bowl Sunday in the US. Great day for Seahawks fans. Broncos fans? Not so much. 😦 (Sorry TW)
- February 12 – Abraham Lincoln’s Birthday. The 16th US President.
- February 14 – Valentine’s Day. A day to show those you love that you love them.
- February 17 – President’s Day. To honor all US Presidents.
- February 22 – George Washington’s Birthday. The 1st US President.
- February 23 – Evelyn Kreidle’s Birthday. My aunt: the BEST aunt and a truly, wonderful, second mom to our family. I always felt that she and I had a special bond as we were both “the middle child.”
Do you have any other “Special” days this month?