I was going to post about the end of Daylight Savings Time in the United States but found the information confusing. There were various reasons for DST ranging from energy savings to an increase of leisure evening activities as well as driving safety. There are many more, too.
My confusion is that if we DST lasts for more than six months, why is Standard Time the standard? In the U.S. DST begins the second weekend in March and lasts until the first weekend in November.
That’s eight months!
So my post for today is about “do”.
Do you remember these?
- Do or not do. There is no try. – Yoda
- Do-Ri-Mi – Julie Andrews
- Do the Walls Come Down? – Carly Simon
- Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band Aid
- Do Wah Diddy Diddy Dum Diddy Do – Manfred Mann
- Do You Believe in Love? – Huey Lewis and the News
- Do You Believe in Magic? – Lovin’ Spoonful
- Do You Hear What I Hear?
- Do You Know The Way to San Jose? – Dionne Warwick
- Do You Know Where We’re Going to? – Diana Ross
- Do You Love Me? – The Contours
- Do You Really Want to Hurt Me? – Culture Club
- Do You Want to Dance? – Johnny Rivers or Bette Midler
- Do You Want to Know a Secret? – The Beatles