Progress on the felt ornaments. Here are the felt pieces with the freezer paper ironed on one side.
This was really easy to do. The iron was on a medium setting (permanent press without steam on my iron). Just keep the iron moving and made sure the steam is turned off. I drew right on the paper and cut the shapes out with regular scissors.
These are the two ornaments that I finished and I realize my embroidery skills aren’t the greatest. I’m not very happy with the tree. I was going for snow-covered branch tips and I think they look like cow udders or something else. It’s a bit too busy. You can also see the other shapes I have cut out so far.
Here’s a close-up. The colors are deeper but I took what light I could get. There’s a little bit of fiber-fill between the pieces to give them some depth. I remembered to insert the ribbon to hang it before I did the blanket stitch all the way around.
Another close-up of reverse side tis time. Those are tiny star sequins on the tree.
I’m not sure how much I will get done tonight. I still have the Musica mitts to finish. I did make another Spud and Chloe hat last evening. I must say that pattern is so quick and easy. I knit it in less than two hours using stash yarn. I still have the crochet edge and I-cords to do but those are relatively quick and easy, too.